Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie
Original air date June 17, 2017 | Time 59:00
These two songwriters have been members of Fleetwood Mac during their height and contributed some of the band's biggest hits. They have just released a duet album, with all the members of Fleetwood Mac except Stevie Nicks who is taking a break.
- Buckingham McVie "In My World" composed by Lindsey Buckingham
- Fleetwood Mac "You Make Loving Fun" by Christine McVie and "Go Your Own Way" by Lindsey Buckingham from "Rumours" 1977
- Fleetwood Mac "say You Love Me" by Christine McVie 1975 and "Big Love" by Lindsey Buckingham 1987
- Christine McVie "You Are" and "So Sincere" McVie from "In the Meantime" 2004
- Lindsey Buckingham "Seeds We Sow" and "In Our Own Time" Buckingham from "Seeds We Sow" 2011
The Allman Brothers Band - Gregg and Duane
Original air date June 10, 2017 | Time 59:00
Gregg Allman passed away in May 2017 at 69 yrs old. Duane died in a motorcycle accident when he was only 24 yrs old back in 1971. Duane was a master guitarist and his idea was to have 2 lead guitars and 2 drummers in the band. In spite of the band's genre of "Southern Rock", they achieved a reputation for a "jam" band through jazz-like improvisations. Duane developed his chops playing as a session sideman in Muscle Shoals for Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin, King Curtis, Boz Scaggs and others, before devoting himself full time to the Allman Bros. When he met Eric Clapton they found a deep rapport and Duane played lead guitar on LAYLA and was invited to join Clapton's band, but he stayed with the Allman Bros to the end.
Page 8 of 14